tape (adhesive) [noun, no plural]

A piece of the common office tape is often called a "plakbandje" and a roll of similar tape a "rolletje plakband". Since both are small, the diminutive is used.
Larger tape that is for instance used to close boxes is called "tape", just like in English.

– "Heb jij een rolletje plakband voor mij? Die van mij is op."
("Do you have (a roll of) tape for me? Mine is finished/used up.")

– "Mijn favoriete merk plakband is Scotch."
("My favourite brand of tape is Scotch.")

Related words:
– "Lijm": glue.
– "Punaise": drawing pin, thumbtack.