wrinkle Iconspeaker_3
[de rim-pel, de rim-pels]Rimpel_3

"Rimpels" are "wrinkles", lines that appear on people’s faces when they grow older. The related adjective "gerimpeld" can refer to a wrinkled face, but also more generally, to a surface that has one or more ridges.

– "Mijn nieuwe dagcrème belooft dat rimpels tot de verleden tijd behoren." 
("My new daycream promises that wrinkles belong to the past.")

– "Ik kan zien dat je veel lacht: je hebt allemaal lachrimpeltjes om je ogen." 
("I can see that you laugh a lot: you have a lot of little wrinkles around your eyes from laughing.")

– "De oma had een rimpelloze huid na de botox-behandeling." 
("The grandma had a wrinkleless skin after the botox-treatment.")

– "Het nieuwe drankje "Fontein van de Jeugd" garandeert een rimpelloos bestaan." 
("The new potion "Fountain of Youth" guarantees a wrinkleless existence.")

– "De gerimpelde oude man zat glimlachend op een bankje in de zon." 
("The wrinkled old man sat smiling on a little bench in the sun.")

Related words:
– Plastische chirurgie: plastic surgery [noun] [de plastische chirurgie, <no plural>].
– Crème: cream [noun] [de crème, de crèmes].

2 thoughts on “Rimpel

  1. Hi, I love your blog, thanks!
    Just wanted to give you a more precise translation – lachrimpeltjes are “laughter lines” – so you can translate directly into English.

  2. Just wanted to let you know that there is a one-word (well, hyphenated) equivalent to lachrimpeltjes — laugh-lines (American) or laughter-lines (UK). Apparently this applies to the lines around the eyes and sometimes around the mouth.
    Another expression for lachrimpeltjes, but for just around the eyes, is “crow’s feet”.

Comments are closed.